CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) PREVENTION MEASURES
At Good Vibes Diving (GVD), we are aware of the impact of COVID-19 on our day to day. For this reason, with the start of the 2020 season, we have applied safety measures in our operation. It is important that we all adapt in order to continue enjoying diving safely.
These are the measures set by GVD team in order to avoid COVID-19 infections:
RULES IN THE DIVING CENTER:
- Any person with symptoms that could be related to COVID-19 should NOT enter the GVD dive centre.
- Social distance and the use of masks will be essential for theory lessons and / or moving around inside the diving center facilities.
- Hand sanitizer will be available, at the entrance of the diving center and on boats.
- All spaces, both the school and the boats and pick-ups, will be disinfected and sanitized daily and before any activity.
- Gloves and face shields will be used when conducting any first aid or rescue courses
- Other measures as determined to be appropriate by the GVD Team, in order to guarantee the safety of all.
THE DIVING EQUIPMENT:Hygiene and safety measures for the use of school equipment are:
- GVD will provide a new mouthpiece in sealed packaging to each student at the beginning of a certification course. Certified divers will be offered a new, closed mouthpiece for a cost of $ 5 USD.
- Regulators will be disinfected before and after each use with specific solutions for this purpose; regulators will be numbered and you will be responsible for not exchanging your regulator with another diver.
- The masks will be disinfected with solutions made for that purpose, before and after each use; the masks are numbered and you will be responsible for not exchanging your mask with another diver. We will also have professional diving and apnea masks (Cressi and Bonassi) for sale at low cost.
- Wetsuits will be cleaned individually with specific virucidal products before each use; They will be numbered and the students must always wear the same suit during the course.
- In order to avoid mixing the diving equipment, GVD will give you at the beginning of each experience a numbered box where you can store it.
- At the end of each experience, the material will be sanitized only by GVD staff members following this rules:
- Use of gloves, mask and eye protection.
- Individual disinfection of each piece of diving equipment with suitable virucidal solutions.
- Sanitized equipment and newly used equipment will be stored in separate areas.
STANDARDS ON BOATS:
- Divers will respect the appropriate safety distance
- People who are not diving will not be allowed to board.
- Hand sanitizer gel will be available on the boat to disinfect your hands.
- If necessary, additional ropes will be used to guarantee the safety distance between divers on the surface.
- Any other that GVD team considers appropriate to guarantee the safety of all.
If you have any questions, please contact us.